Responsibilities of Student
· The student will initiate contact with library staff to proctor the exam.
· The student is responsible for making arrangements to take the exam including confirming with library staff that the test has arrived (electronically or via mail) and scheduling a time to take the test. The student will schedule the exam time to end no less than 30 minutes before the closing of the library.
· The student is responsible for ensuring that the computer resources at the library are adequate and available for test taking.
· The student will provide a valid driver’s license or photo ID (if required) for verification of identity before the test will be proctored.
· The student will arrive prepared with the necessary or required supplies to take the exam. These supplies will be made available for approval by the proctor if required.
· The student is responsible for the return postage and envelope for any exam that needs to be mailed.
· The finished exam will be mailed with other library mail or may be submitted electronically through scanning if that option is available.
Responsibilities of the Library and staff
· The library staff will provide the student and institution with copies of this policy upon request.
· A library staff person on duty during the time the exam is taken will be considered the proctor of the exam. Specific librarians will not be assigned to proctor specific exams.
· The proctor may observe the student while performing other tasks and assisting other patrons. Proctoring at the library will include issuing the exam, being aware of the student taking the exam, periodically observing the student, signing the proctor form and mailing the completed exam, in self-addressed stamped envelope provided by the student. If an institution requires the student to receive constant, uninterrupted observation the library will be unable to proctor the exam.
· The librarian will not sign the name of another librarian on the proctoring form or the exam.
· Library staff will not sign any statement required by the education institution that is inconsistent with our policy or with how the test is administered.
· Library staff may refuse to proctor an exam that is too burdensome or exacting in its demands.
· The library is not responsible for technical problems of the institution’s website or email.
· The library is not responsible for exams that are lost by the postal system or electronically.
· The library does not keep copies of completed exams.
Reviewed/approved by the Library Board of Trustees, August 2020